PENTRA-HARD Guard is a high performance finish that adds shine, stain resistance and abrasion resistance to concrete. Effective on all concrete and cement-containing floors, this water-based, lithium- fortified material cures quickly to form a clear, extremely hard, micro-coating that protects the substrate, even in demanding industrial and commercial environments. This new chemistry makes concrete surfaces more attractive and easier to maintain, and eliminates the need for waxes, polishes, and acrylics. Best results and coverage will be obtained by densifying the surface with PENTRA-HARD Densifier before applying PENTRA-HARD Guard.
Because of its unique chemistry, PENTRA-HARD Guard will not lift or peel from the surface. Periodic recoating requires no stripping as the material doesn’t build up.
This easy-to-use finish is tough, mark-resistant, fast drying and non-streaking. When used in conjunction with a high-speed burnisher on non- porous concrete surfaces it provides superior clarity and improved resistance against water and water- borne stains from accidental spills, oils, dirt and grime. Ideal for standard, ground, polished, or colored concrete.
DURABLE FLOOR SYSTEMTM (DFS);
When pretreated with PENTRA-HARD Densifier, PENTRA-HARD Guard is especially effective in creating a surface with superior performance and maintenance characteristics. As part of the DURABLE FLOOR SYSTEM (DFS) or on previously densified, polished or hard trowelled surfaces. PENTRA-HARD Guard enhances the color intensity of integrally colored, dyed, or acid stained concrete, reducing efflorescence and mineral deposits and maximizing light reflectance.
Interior flooring non-porous ground, honed, polished or burnished concrete surfaces. Concrete floors and Garages
- Delivers rapid shine development with increased abrasion, stain resistance, and gloss retention
- Keeps dirt and contaminants from penetrating, making cleaning faster, more effective and more economical
- Ready to use in a few hours – rapidly cures into durable finish for facilities that require maximum protection and little-to-no downtime
- Forms a protective “micro surface layer” that is breathable, dense, abrasion resistant, and that will not peel or flake
- Reduces maintenance, cleaning costs and costly repairs – simply damp mop or machine scrub
- No build up – periodic re-application is simple and requires no stripping
- Prolongs shine of polished concrete surfaces
- Safe for food contact per SGS Testing (21 CFR175.300)
Milky white, aqueous solution
Active Ingredients: 100% of total solids Specific Gravity: 1.017
Flash Point: None
Freeze point: 32°F(0°C)
Abrasion Resistance: Excellent
Less than 50 g/L. Compliant with all Canadian and U.S. VOC regulations including Federal EPA, OTC, LADCO, SCAQMD & CARB.
1st coat: 1,500-3000 sq. ft./gal. (37 -74 sq. M/L) 2nd and subsequent coats: 3000-4000 sq. ft./gal (74 – 98 sq. M/L) Texture and absorption of surface will determine final coverage rates. Porous concrete surfaces may require additional material.
|Available in the U.S.A. and Canada|
Keep from freezing. Shelf life is 24 months from date of manufacture, properly stored in original unopened containers.
Be sure surface to be treated is clean and dry. PENTRA-HARD Guard will not hide stains. Aggressive scrubbing with a neutral to alkali cleaner is recommended. PENTRA-HARD Guard will not bond to acidic surfaces so if applying over an acid stain, neutralize thoroughly first.
Lightly stir before each use. Do not over mix or bubbles and/or foaming can occur and make uniform application more difficult. Do not thin or dilute.
IMPORTANT: Do not over-apply. Very thin coats are best. Apply PENTRA-HARD Guard using a micro fiber pad that has been pre-dampened with water. Using a pump up sprayer or HVLP sprayer, spray lightly on the area to be treated, and then spread material thinly and evenly using the micro fiber pad over the rest of the area. For best results, limit the size of the area being treated at any one time to a 20 ft. x 20 ft. (6.1m x 6.1m) section. Spread at a rate of 1,500-3000 sq. ft./gal. (37 -74 sq m/L) depending on porosity of the surface.
Spray another line of material when the applicator pad begins to drag. Do not work material into the surface—spread it and leave it. Buffing with a high- speed burnisher (1500-2100 rpm) and a hog’s hair pad is recommended and will improve sheen.
Second application will improve sheen and stain protection. Second coats will usually take no more than 3000-4000 sq. ft./gal. (74 – 98 sq m/L) followed by a high-speed burnisher. Allow each application to dry at least 30-60 minutes between coats.
Do not cover treated surfaces for at least 1 week as protective coverings may slow curing and cause some whiting by trapping moisture.
Routine sweeping, mopping, washing and mechanical scrubbing of floors with water and neutral pH cleaners (if necessary) is recommended. Water only is sufficient for most environments. DO NOT USE cleaners that are acidic or that have citrus (de- limonene) or Butyl compounds after PENTRA-HARD® GUARD is applied. Although PENTRA-HARD® GUARD is chemically resistant and helps reduce staining, some compounds, especially acids, may damage the surface, and therefore it may not be suitable for some applications. If unsure, check with a Dayton Superior technical representative. Regular maintenance and cleaning will help prolong surface shine. Wipe up any chemical spills as soon as possible.
Wash equipment with soap and water. Although PENTRA-HARD Guard is non-toxic and environmentally friendly, it is alkaline. se the material completely, or dry it out and dispose of it properly per local regulations. Do not pour down sanitary sewers or into storm drains
FOR PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY
Use on interior surfaces only.
New concrete must be at least 28 days old.
Protect from freezing.
Agitate before use.
Do not allow standing water to dwell on surface for 7 days following application.
Do not allow traffic on surface until it is dry—typically 30-60 minutes.
PENTRA-HARD Guard will not bridge or fill cracks, and will not salvage honeycombed or structurally unsound surfaces.
PENTRA-HARD Guard quickly bonds to most surfaces including metal, wood, glass, and paint.
Protect adjacent surfaces.
Remove overspray quickly with a damp cloth and soap.
Always do a test patch before beginning the job to verify coverage, appearance, and concrete variations. Avoid citrus or butyl compounds when cleaning PENTRA-HARD Guard.
READ SDS PRIOR TO USING PRODUCT
- Dispose of waste material in accordance with federal, state and local requirements
- KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN
- Although the material is non-toxic and non- hazardous, the treatment is alkaline and may cause eye and skin irritation. Wear eye protection and gloves. If splashed in eyes, rinse with water and consult a doctor if irritation persists. Wash promptly from skin.
- Do not take internally — if swallowed, do not induce vomiting — drink water and call a physician
- Avoid contact with eyes. Protective clothing is recommended
- Surfaces may be slippery when wet with product
- Additional precautions, safety information and first aid treatments are contained in the Safety Data Sheet (SDS)PENTRA-HARD® is a trademark of Advanced Concrete Technologies (ADVAN) and sub- licensed exclusively to DAYTON SUPERIOR and Convergent Concrete Technologies LLC (CONVERGENT). DFS (DURABLE FLOOR SYSTEMTM) brand names and logos are trademarks of Advanced Concrete Technologies, LLC (“ADVAN”) and licensed to DAYTON SUPERIOR / CONVERGENT, under a non-exclusive co-brand/technology licenses. All rights reserved. Products manufactured and marketed by DAYTON SUPERIOR are protected by U.S. patents and/or pending patents under license rights granted by ADVANCED CONCRETE TECHNOLOGIES, LLC; other patents pending.